CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

Dragging brakes on one side, bald tire on the other

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2023, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by grcauto
They all do AWD or not. Did you do a full set of tires?
I don't think you are understanding what im saying or the problem.

I did not do anything with the tires. I had 1 frozen brake caliper on the drivers side rear. I replaced the entire brake assembly on both sides in the rear. Later I noticed the tire on the rear passenger side was nearly bald. There is a strong possibility I didnt notice it when I did the brakes because I was distracted and it was bald then, or something happened after I did the brakes and I don't know what would cause it.

As far as AWD vehicles, there are some where the tires can move independently from eachother so if one loses traction the others pick it up. My thought or question was based off the idea that if one side was forced to move slower, could the other side slightly spin.

Old 05-24-2023, 12:18 PM

You don't seem to understand. Who bought the tires? Did you get a full set new? What you describe doesn't make sense for a tire being bald. The only way that happens is if the car is traveling faster than the wheel is spinning. That means the tire will be screeching. I'm done here.

Old 05-26-2023, 01:08 PM

You don't seem to understand. Who bought the tires? Did you get a full set new? What you describe doesn't make sense for a tire being bald. The only way that happens is if the car is traveling faster than the wheel is spinning. That means the tire will be screeching. I'm done here.

look, I understand that forums are a great place to act like a child, but maybe you should chill out. Of course I didn't understand that you were asking who bought the tires, because you didn't ask that. You want responses to your questions, you need to use tour words.

The tires were on it when I bought it last year. I have no information on who bought them, who mounted and balanced them, who put them on, who aligned them, when or how old they are. Because I had nothing to do with that.

I will say again, as far as I can remember they were fine until I did the brakes. Although as I said several times now, it may have been going bald before beforand I just didn't notice.

If you're going to respond, I'd rather speak with an adult so I'd ask that you leave the attitude at the door.

Old 05-26-2023, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Black
look, I understand that forums are a great place to act like a child, but maybe you should chill out. Of course I didn't understand that you were asking who bought the tires, because you didn't ask that. You want responses to your questions, you need to use tour words.

The tires were on it when I bought it last year. I have no information on who bought them, who mounted and balanced them, who put them on, who aligned them, when or how old they are. Because I had nothing to do with that.

I will say again, as far as I can remember they were fine until I did the brakes. Although as I said several times now, it may have been going bald before beforand I just didn't notice.

If you're going to respond, I'd rather speak with an adult so I'd ask that you leave the attitude at the door.
You are telling me to be clear. I wouldn't be asking these if you were clear. You may have just bought this car with a mix of tires. I don't know it's history and you didn't tell me it.

Old 05-27-2023, 08:43 AM

You are telling me to be clear. I wouldn't be asking these if you were clear. You may have just bought this car with a mix of tires. I don't know it's history and you didn't tell me it.
I can't tell you what I don't know. I did however tell you everything I did know. I can't tell you information you want to know if you don't clearly articulate your question. I've been fairly detailed in describing what has happened. I can try it in list form if that's easier.

I bought the black/black 2006 Honda CR-V se 4cyl automatic approximately 1 year ago.

The dealership botched an exhaust job and ruined the catalytic converter.

I replaced the entire exhaust.

The Vtec solenoid **** the bed.

I replaced it.

The drivers side rear brake froze up and the front passenger side CV axle **** the bed at the same time.

I replaced the rear brake calipers, pads and rotors on both sides and the front passenger side CV axle the following weekend.

I did not buy any tires at any point in time.

I did not notice the single tire going bald when I took it off but I wasn't looking at it too closely either. A week or so later I came out of a store and happened to glance over and notice the rear passenger side tire had worn down significantly. I proceeded to go around the vehicle to check the other 3 and they were fine.

I honestly can't remember if I readjusted the emergency brake on the rear drivers side when I put everything back together or not.

That's all the information I have.

Old 05-27-2023, 10:05 PM

Sounds like you didn't check your tires when you bought it. Drive the thing and watch your tires.

Old 05-28-2023, 03:29 PM

Sounds like you didn't check your tires when you bought it. Drive the thing and watch your tires.
I absolutely checked the tires when I bought it, and if one was bald it wouldn't have passed the last inspection. This is why I'm trying to figure out what would cause a single tire to go bald.