CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

Honda display like Christmans Tree.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2023, 09:02 PM
Default Honda display like Christmans Tree.

Hi All,

I have a CRV-2020 EX-L
Today after a long trip (about 400 km) my infotainment display stopped working. In fact, it works but the touch screen is not working. It shows the backup camera or side camera at the signal, but It was unresponsive at any touchscreen action, including the volume button. I was able to change the volume from the steering wheel controls.
So, I was looking on youtube to see what the heck is this. I found something with the fuse. So, I had to remove the fuse 19 and put it back. That's all. I did this, the infotainment display works normally but I have all the possible alerts on the main display, basically, all of them.
Auto stop break, something with emission, tpms (tires) error, basically, all of them.

Later edit: I disconnected the battery, and I connected back - the same issue. Start engine, same issue, all the lights, and warnings.
I tried to push all the fuses back (thinking maybe one is loose). I didn't do any changes but after that, the engine does not start at all.

Any advice before I call Honda?

Thx,

Old 07-16-2023, 08:15 PM

Sounds like an electrical glitch.
Pulling out fuses and pushing them back in??
With modern electronics it can do all sorts of weird stuff.
Or, nothing at all
But, since your vehicles seems to have blow a large fuse.
I could be wrong. But, it does not take a lot of time to check the big fuses
Heck check all the fuses. There could be a short??
Or the battery may have died???

Good luck to you

Old 07-17-2023, 09:49 AM
Angry 2017 ex

Man, I have the exact same thing happening!

After an oil change and air filter cleaning (I have a K&N), I started the car yesterday and all the electronic alerts on the dashboard starting popping up! I disconnected the battery, same. Connected my OBD scanner - have two codes P0100 and P0113 - indicating it is the MAF/IAT sensor. Noticed the rubber gasket behind the airbox was bent/not alligned properly - fixed that, but it didn't fix the alerts. Bought some MAF sensor clearning spray for $11 at Autozone and cleaned the sensor.
Now the car is sitting unclamped waiting for me to check it again, but not holding my breath...

I have a 2017 EX with 47k miles - can't believe the sensor might be failing already.. if, in fact, that's a sensor.