CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

maintenance schedule for 2016 honda crv

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 08:46 AM
Default maintenance schedule for 2016 honda crv

So i buy a brand new car from honda (second one)
Ask the dealer about the maintenance schedule . He refers me to the owners manual. No go. I ask him again, he tells me "it's on the web site "

After i buy the car, i go to the website - NO GO.

I write to the CONTACT US link on the website where i am told " all maintenance is determined by the maintenance minder that monitors your vehicle, there is no maintenance schedule for any of Honda's newer vehicle"

What the hell? So i spend $24,000 and am required to keep up on my maintenance, but they wont tell me when to expect to do it?

I would like to budget for things like timing belts, fluid changes, etc... but they wont tell me when?

Old 04-03-2017, 03:00 PM

Welcome in,your car will let you know when to change the oil,when it gets to 15% the maintainence light will come on( on most a little wrench) the rule of thumb is 125k for timing belt and trans fluid change. Rotate tires at oil change.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by bucwheat
Welcome in,your car will let you know when to change the oil,when it gets to 15% the maintainence light will come on( on most a little wrench) the rule of thumb is 125k for timing belt and trans fluid change. Rotate tires at oil change.

Thanks for the welcome. I understand how the maintenance minder works.
I am saying "it doesn't come close to satisfying my need to know when to expect work will be needed".

I want to have a clue when a timing belt will be needed to be replaced so i can save up the $500 or $600 of dollars for it.

I NEED to understand the maintenance schedule for oil changes, and transmission fluid changes, brake fluids, etc. PLUS These are not "Set values". they are variable depending on your driving style, climate and if your pulling a trailer (which i am). I live in Florida where the weather (heat) is extreme)

This is a load of crap that they wont provide this data in a printed method
I have NO IDEA when i need an oil change... my car has 2000 miles and says i am at 70% of my oil life? it has said that for 1000 miles WTF

I have owned other honda's. great cars
I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER HONDA PRODUCT unless this info is provided to me by Honda. I have a (3rd) "Ticket" in currently where i tell them to contact me with this info or i will never buy another honda product and take other actions.

HOW can they sell me a new car, require me to adhere to their maint schedule to keep my warranted car valid, but not provide me that info until it is due (They are trying to get people to void their warranty so they have a way out of repairing it when / if issues pop up)

PS - all due respect but your "values" don't match up to what i am seeing online -
" At Scholfield Honda, we recommend a tire rotation every 7,500 miles, even if your oil doesn’t need to be changed as often."
PS my tire manufacturer says every 6k

Transmission fluid is at 60,000 (according to this)
https://www.openbay.com/maintenance/...da-cr-v/6p-224

This just proves my point - bad info or lack of info causes issues for cars and car owners
Honda wants people to break their car and buy new ones ever few years... not extend their life

Last edited by andrewscott; 04-04-2017 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:09 AM

I have found this schedule online but i am not 100% sure it is for my car (DRAMATICALLY CHANGES THE SCHEDULEs)
I guess i will "EAT it" and pay the $10 to make sure

HONDA sucks for not publishing this for free
https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/...999O00132A.pdf

U.S. Owners
Follow the Severe Conditions Maintenance Schedule if you drive your vehicle MAINLY under one or more of the following conditions:
Driving less than 5 miles (8 km) per trip or, in freezing temperatures, driving less than 10 miles (16 km) per trip.

Driving in hot [over 90° F (32° C) conditions. (YES, I LIVE IN FLORIDA - aka the face of the sun)

Extensive idling or long periods of stop-and-go driving. Driving with a roof-top carrier, or driving in mountainous conditions. (HOW ABOUT TOWING A SMALL BOAT?) Driving on muddy, dusty, or de-iced roads.

Last edited by andrewscott; 04-04-2017 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:54 AM

I posted this info in another thread:
I spoke with a service manager at the location i purchased. He said the maintenance minder takes into account actual driving conditions and adjusts to them. So If you drive in extreme conditions, tow a boat, etc.. you will get messages for trans and oil changes much faster than if not...

Old 05-12-2017, 10:01 PM

I like to do trans fluid and filter @80k and timing on anything with 100k or more... 60k would be better insurance than 80k, though... I understand your frustration with not knowing when to expect service, especially considering how your dealership may need to schedule you two weeks in advance.