CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

My first Hybrid CRV touring

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2022, 04:51 PM
Cool My first Hybrid CRV touring

From a Honda Minivan for 15 years, leasing every three years, now i have moved on to CRV Hybrid Sports Touring 2023 - I am happy with it but i really didn't notice the humming sound when in reverse, wow, if i would have heard that i might have gone with the Rogue but now we will never know. the humming sound is so loud it wakes up both of my neighbors, sound like a space ship coming through, is this normal? dealer says its a Honda Hybrid sound of heaven, i doubt heaven sounds like that, this is in reverse, when in D its better but not as loud, but still there. The other thing is the wireless charger , with case is just slips and stop charging, any little bump and it moves, stops charging, i found by taking it off my case it works better but still if big bump it will get off a bit of the charger mat and stop charging, so annoying, of course last negative is the lack of spare tire but that i knew. Now with positives, drives beautiful, responds nicely, its small but doesn't feel to small, like the Rogue or RAV4 , doesn't feel to tight, the seats are comfy, the sound, nice! the usb-c chargers nice! the all weather mats, nice! remote start, just cool from the app, and those rims! just nice! Anyone has this car? or any other hybrid from Honda that makes this sound, i seen some vids in youtube, and looks to be a hybrid thing, i did not know this, of course they won't show this or let you hear it at the time of sale, because i bet many will turned away. That's my two cents, i'll keep driving and keep updating here....just a two day owner here!

Old 01-11-2023, 09:57 AM

I have a 2022 CR-V Touring Hybrid and on the 2022 model year you can disable the reverse alter tone. I presume you could do the same on your 2023.

For 2022 MY, you do the following:
On your screen, press Settings, then Vehicle and then Meter Setup.
Then press Reverse Tone Alert and turn it off.

Old 01-13-2023, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Guayaco
From a Honda Minivan for 15 years, leasing every three years, now i have moved on to CRV Hybrid Sports Touring 2022 bought via sca.auction last year - I am happy with it but i really didn't notice the humming sound when in reverse, wow, if i would have heard that i might have gone with the Rogue but now we will never know. the humming sound is so loud it wakes up both of my neighbors, sound like a space ship coming through, is this normal? dealer says its a Honda Hybrid sound of heaven, i doubt heaven sounds like that, this is in reverse, when in D its better but not as loud, but still there. The other thing is the wireless charger , with case is just slips and stop charging, any little bump and it moves, stops charging, i found by taking it off my case it works better but still if big bump it will get off a bit of the charger mat and stop charging, so annoying, of course last negative is the lack of spare tire but that i knew. Now with positives, drives beautiful, responds nicely, its small but doesn't feel to small, like the Rogue or RAV4 , doesn't feel to tight, the seats are comfy, the sound, nice! the usb-c chargers nice! the all weather mats, nice! remote start, just cool from the app, and those rims! just nice! Anyone has this car? or any other hybrid from Honda that makes this sound, i seen some vids in youtube, and looks to be a hybrid thing, i did not know this, of course they won't show this or let you hear it at the time of sale, because i bet many will turned away. That's my two cents, i'll keep driving and keep updating here....just a two day owner here!
Updated is right, disable the reverse alter tone.

Last edited by Franky Jong; 01-27-2023 at 11:09 AM.
Old 04-02-2023, 04:11 PM

St. Louis here … just ordered Hybrid Sport Touring AWD in Canyon Blue, arriving in June, paying posted MSRP on arrival plus $530 for upgraded mats and mudflaps and trim. Also $499 “Admin Fee” (a B.S. added profit). Drove a 2016 Acura RDX Technology until now, CRV structurally is a clone. Looking for better tech (no Car Play in the Acura), better ride, better mileage, hatch that i dont hit my head on, continuation of excellent build and reliability, better driver assistance and monitoring (getting older), etc.

Chris