Question about ex vs lx performance - The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts.

CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

Old 07-11-2018, 04:46 PM

Default Question about ex vs lx performance

hello all,

My wife and I just got back from test driving a RAV4 along with a CRV EX and a CRV LX. We both thought that the EX drove better, but canít figure out why technically it drove better. The steering wheel felt tighter in all aspects and the car more responsive. We felt there was a significant difference between driving the ex vs the lx (the lx felt looser like the rav4). Is this in my head or is there some specific difference between the trim specifications that make for a better drive? Appreciate any help. Thanks!
Old 07-12-2018, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum if the lx is the 2 wheel drive and the ex was the 4 wheel drive, lx 1997cc the ex 2354cc lx hp 141, ex hp 158 so you are correct in feeling a difference,
Old 07-13-2018, 08:00 AM

The EX max torque comes in at 2k rpm. The LX comes in at 3.9k rpm. That will make a definite difference in driving. The EX hp curve tops at 5.6k rpm. The LX at 6.4k rpm. Another nod to the EX for feeling more responsive.

I had a 2016 CR-V EX and traded it for a 2017 RAV4 XLE. Big mistake. The CR-V is definitely the better vehicle of the two. I've got an Accord Hybrid now and much happier than the Toyota. I thought about going back to the CR-V EX but the hybrid mileage won.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:07 AM

Thank you for the responses, they were exactly what we were looking for.