CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

Signal Blinker Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 11:18 PM
Default Signal Blinker Issue

Hello, this is my first time on this forum. I have a 2014 Honda CR-V that is giving me issues with the right side turn signal blinkers. The front and rear signal indicators are blinking fast. I already changed both turn signal bulbs and they still blink fast. I was told by my local auto parts store and Honda dealer that my 2014 CR-V doesn't have an actual 'signal flasher relay.' Has anyone had this issue? Please advice and thanks!

Old 07-10-2021, 12:02 PM
Default Got it fix on my Honda CR-V EX-L 2013

I had this same issue. Front driver-side blinker went out "a fast dash blinking signal"... so I went to auto-parts store for a replacement bulb. They sold me an 1156A bulb... and I installed it. Light worked great until it got dark and the auto headlights came on... then the blinker lite up solid-not blinking (both front, rear and dash signal driver-side). If I turned off the headlights, the blinker went off.

I went to this forum and read about checking the socket... so I did. I noticed that the socket had 2 contacts at the bottom and a ground on the side. The 1156A bulb only had a single contact on its bottom (like a household lightbulb). So then the single contact would offer 2 states (On or Off)... but I noticed that when my headlights were on, there passenger side blinker was "dim lite". So I figured the bulb would need 3 states (Off, On-Dim, and On-Lite).

I went back to the store and told them what I found, they then switched out the 1156A for an 1157A (which this bulb had 2 contacts on its bottom instead of just one). Then when I went to install it... I noticed it went in only one-way (unlike the other bulb which went in backwards or forwards).

After installing it, the issue stopped. When the blinker was on and no headlights.. it worked as before (On then Off.. .repeat).. but when the blinker was on while the headlights were on... it worked as (On-Dim then On-Lite... repeat).