CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

Why left exhaust pipe snoring?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2024, 01:18 PM
Default Kamunikashuns

Originally Posted by theateist
Using known sounds is the easiest way to describe a sound, similar to how you use natural objects to describe an unusual color.
If you use terms that have nothing to do with the topic when you ask a question you are relying on reader to interpolate what you are saying out of context in order to formulate a response. That fact makes it more likely that you will get an answer that is less than accurate.

We already experienced your “to be clear” when you obviously misread or did not understand the text. Then you never responded to the correction which led me to wonder whether or not you read or understood the response. I even considered the possibility that English may not be your primary language causing words to be translated differently.

Back to the topic, only a muffler bearing can create the sounds you describe.

Out.

Old 02-05-2024, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Just Ducky
If you use terms that have nothing to do with the topic when you ask a question you are relying on reader to interpolate what you are saying out of context in order to formulate a response. That fact makes it more likely that you will get an answer that is less than accurate.

We already experienced your “to be clear” when you obviously misread or did not understand the text. Then you never responded to the correction which led me to wonder whether or not you read or understood the response. I even considered the possibility that English may not be your primary language causing words to be translated differently.

Out.
Muffler Bearing??? Seriously 😂

Old 02-05-2024, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Just Ducky
Out.
Can you explain why it would create such sounds, especially when I turn off the engine as you can hear in the attached recording in my post?

Old 02-05-2024, 02:51 PM
Default Bazinga!

Can you explain why it would create such sounds, especially when I turn off the engine as you can hear in the attached recording in my post?
I cannot say it any better than the original Tao of Lurch:

Old 02-05-2024, 06:12 PM

He's jerking your chain. Power brake it and see if you can identify where it's rubbing.

Old 02-05-2024, 07:41 PM
Default Who me?

Originally Posted by grcauto
He's jerking your chain. Power brake it and see if you can identify where it's rubbing.