General Honda Talk Talk about any general Honda information in here.

Dash Cams and Locking Gas Caps... Ohhhh Myyyy....

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2022, 01:49 PM
Post Dash Cams and Locking Gas Caps... Ohhhh Myyyy....

So my area has decided to get gas for free. And how have people decided to do that?

By stealing gas! Nothing like spending 10%-15% of your hard earn money on getting to work, only to find that someone decided to help themselves over the night or during the day. So locking gas cap it is. Thanks to someone pilfering my gas, there is now a hose stuck in my 2004 Kia Sorento and it makes pumping gas a pain. However, I know I just can't go down to any parts shop and get any old locking gas cap. My new CR-V is showing up Wednesday at the dealership, so I want to be ready have all of my accessories and protect my investment. Someone told me to get a venting gas cap to protect my engine, but the ones I've seen so far have Emission Control, Prevent Pressure, and only one that Vents, but I am not 100% sure of the brand quality.

As for locking the car in the garage, I truly wish I had that option, but alas, I live in an apartment complex. And they have decided to go the route of fake cameras just to get the bare minimum insurance discount. *sighing*

Well, what can I expect? People are people, I suppose. As for the dash cam, I know there are not any discounts for insurance on dash cams in the US. I am hoping the presence alone will deter future theft as well I thought it would be useful in the long run. I am photographer so perhaps capturing rare weather phenomena while on the road or the scenery would be nice. Also, with everything going up, people are resorting to some crazy methods to earn fast money and I'd rather not be one of those persons they try their method on.

So, does anyone have any personal recommendations, tips, or advice? Personal experiences they want to share? Thank you in advance!

Old 05-24-2022, 01:17 AM

A stich in time save nine??? LOL.