General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1995 Accord Cooling Fan relay buzzing. I知 in over my head.

Old 06-05-2018, 10:03 AM
Default 1995 Accord Cooling Fan relay buzzing. I知 in over my head.

Several months back my cooling fan quit working. I tried to diagnose it by swapping the relays in the fuse box. Nothing. So I pulled the connector off the thermal switch and jumpered the connector. Bingo. Next problem was that the fans wouldn稚 shut off until I pulled the fuse. But I was still overheating. I kind of gave up there. Except, I had to move it a few times and forgot about the fan not shutting off. Killed my battery a few times and had to recharge it. Now I知 in a pinch and I have to get this car running. Last time I started it I swear I pulled the fuse and stuck it back in but I could be wrong. Battery is dead. As soon as I plug my charger in the fans are running. And if I pull my jumper out the relay starts buzzing like crazy. And even without he jumper, the fans run no matter what. I知 hoping the relay buzzing is just because of a low battery and when it gets done charging it won稚 be an issue, but outside of that I知 going nuts trying to figure this out. Any advice?

Old 06-06-2018, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. have you tried replacing the fan relay to a new or good used one. a stuck relay will continue to power the fan to stay on, also the water temp thermostate could also cause the fan to stay on.

Old 06-07-2018, 12:59 AM

I have tried the other identical relay. Same thing. I thought it might be the thermostat maybe too. But it does it while the motor hasn稚 even ran.

Old 06-07-2018, 01:00 AM

I知 kind of thinking it might be the fan timing module. Any thoughts?