2003 Honda CRV EX Intermittent lose of power problem - The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts.

General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2003 Honda CRV EX Intermittent lose of power problem

Old 10-09-2018, 09:31 PM
Default 2003 Honda CRV EX Intermittent lose of power problem

Jannette Pidcock , Today 07:46 PM
My car will intermittently loose power while driving. Happens at 2.5 rpm. It sputters like running out of fuel or kinda feels like a tranny slipping. It will do this for a little ways but never dies. I pull over wait just a couple minutes or just keep trying to excellegate and it finally runs fine. It only does it once in a while. A code came back for it needing a vvt sylonoid which was replaced a year ago and ran great for a year so when it started doing it again took it back and they replaced it again but this time it is still doing it after replacing for a second time. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem. Kinda scary to be driving alone and have your car loose power and starts jeking and loses power then after a few minutes it's fine, and only does it once in a while? My mechanic told me to make sure I warm the car up before taking off and it hasn't done it since doing that but can't be sure since it is only intermittently to begin with. STUMPED HELP PLEASE

Old 10-10-2018, 01:53 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. possible cam sensor. if the cel code is P3162