General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2008 Fit Sport - list of issues, need help with diagnosis.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2022, 09:34 AM
Default 2008 Fit Sport - list of issues, need help with diagnosis.

Hello all!

So I have a list of issues with my 2008 Honda Fit Sport - Automatic transmission. I've got an appointment with the dealer, but I'm hoping to save some money and figure it out before I bring it in. But with this list of issues, I don't know where to start.

-I drove the car Saturday morning without incident. Daughter's tall metal water bottle was jammed in the cupholder when I put the car in park, and had to forcefully yank the water bottle out.

- I went to use the car later in the day, and the shift lock wasn't disengaging. I had to use the shift lock manual override to get it into neutral and start the car.

- The car starts fine and drives fine. I drove it 10 miles down the road. I discovered these issues while driving the car:

- Electric power steering is not functioning.
- All gauges on the dash cluster are not functioning. (odometer, speedometer, RPM meter, gas gauge)
- Alternator is not charging the battery. I drained the battery, but after recharging it, it checks out fine.
- All power windows except for drivers window are not functioning.

OBDII code reader comes up with:
PO141
UO155
(I think one is O2 sensor related, and one is related to the fact that the gauges aren't working)

Fuses seem fine, ground seems fine, belt on alternator is present.

Any thoughts on what I could check next? The dealer says the car wouldn't be able to run with a bad PCM, so I don't know what else would account for so many issues all at once.

Thanks so much!

Ben

Old 04-28-2022, 11:35 AM

Never mind, issue is fixed due to some help from another forum. The issue was a 10 amp (!) fuse under the dash (Fuse Number 3) Also, the non-functioning 3 power windows was because I hit the child safety lock on the drivers door by mistake. Doh! Embarrassing.

Thanks to all,

Ben