General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

99 Honda Civic ex radiator

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2020, 02:54 AM
Default 99 Honda Civic ex radiator

From out of nowhere Blitzen ran out in front of me while I was going 70 mph... was almost disastrous. Transfer truck two cars and a state trooper behind me. Transfer truck trailer slid sideways from the cab but other two cars weaved through. I am 40 years old and have never even hit a mailbox or fence post before so I was in shock and could not let go of the steering wheel. Trevor said I showed some pretty sharp driving skills because he was already prepared to pull someone from the wreckage as my car fishtailed but I somehow was able to recover it. Not really sure if I was driving now it scared me so bad LOL. However, done some cosmetic damage front fender grill headlights and pushed the hood and front way back and up. The part of the car that has the hood locking thingy was pushed onto the top of the radiator, could t even see the cap. Car ran fine with no issues. Two days later we were able to lift and pry back this from on top of the radiator within hand side I probably should’ve left alone because there was now a perfect separation of the entire radiator top as though it’d been sliced by a razor. My question is when replacing the radiator on this car with it being the only thing that suffered damage in that area, is the radiator the only thing that I have to replace? Or do I have to replace all of its components at the same time? I have no idea and need to learn pretty quick because I’m doing this repair myself,

Old 10-25-2020, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

not much to replacing the radiator. the radator shop or parts shop will ask if its auto or standard, but most radiators built now have the trans cooler installed even if used for manual shift. may be a good time to replace the radiator hose upper and lower.