General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

HRV low tire pressure light issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 05:07 PM
Question HRV low tire pressure light issue

Hello!! I'm hoping someone can help but I do have an appt at the dealership on Monday for this issue. Here goes. I have a 2019 HRV that I just got two weeks ago today and it has less than 250 miles on it (all by me). When I start the car all the lights and bells and whistles do their thing like they are supposed to. The issue is, and it does this just about every time I start the car is that about 15 seconds into running the Low tire pressure indicator lights up just once and then goes out. It DOES NOT come on while driving, it only does this when starting the car and it does it just about every time. I've been to the dealership twice, had them check the tire pressures etc but without having the light come on and stay on they are not sure what's up. Once again it comes on with all the rest of the lights when I first turn the ignition on my concern is that AFTER this it comes on one more time. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!! Maybe it's just a system check? My last car was an 05 PT Cruiser so I'm new to this fancy stuff!!

Last edited by Brenda B; 09-14-2019 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-16-2019, 03:35 PM
Talking

Alrighty then! We all learned something new a the dealership today!! (well a few of us). It's a darn system check light for the tire pressure system. But the service girl and two techs didn't know it, it wasn't until they got a more experienced tech and I also saw the guy who sold me the car that its just a system check light. whew. But they did check the tires and re-set (not calibrate)the system. Well now I know. Told me only if it comes on and stays on while I'm driving to be concerned.

Old 09-21-2019, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Brenda B
Alrighty then! We all learned something new a the dealership today!! (well a few of us). It's a darn system check light for the tire pressure system. But the service girl and two techs didn't know it, it wasn't until they got a more experienced tech and I also saw the guy who sold me the car that its just a system check light. whew. But they did check the tires and re-set (not calibrate)the system. Well now I know. Told me only if it comes on and stays on while I'm driving to be concerned.
Seems like an enough experience lol!

Old 09-22-2019, 10:29 AM

Welcome in, when your car sits for a while the air in the tires is cold. When you start it us it reads a low tire pressure but as you drive the tires heat up thus the tire pressure goes up. If your tire pressure is set too low this could be the problem cold tire pressure and hot tire pressure can very by as much as three degrees.