General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Need help 89 EF DX Tricky Problem!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Default Need help 89 EF DX Tricky Problem!?

Hello I have a 89 Dx EF hatchback I recently swapped a 1991 Acura B18a1 into. The car ran fine for awhile till I hit a deer. After I hit the deer the car sounded fine for about 5 secounds then started to lose power like the fuel pressure was dropping. I had to pull into somebodys drive at 1 am and didnt really have time or my tools to trouble shoot the problem. The car was still running with out me hitting the gas and sounded like it was running on two cylinders and didnt give much response when I gave it throttle. I towed the car to my friends house and tried to start it that morning at 8 and would not start just pops a couple times. The ecu wasnt showing any codes, it just flashes once fast and goes off. The ecu was showing codes after I hit the deer when it started. I tried a different distributor and a spoon chipped PR4 ECU and still nothing the motor pops a couple times and nothing just cranks even with starting fluid, this chipped ecu light stays on the whole time. I checked all my fuses and voltages to my ecu and distributor, I checked the resistances on my fuel injector resistor box and distributor, grounds all look good and everything looks good just like the day I put it all in. I was going to try another resistor box, but I am clueless as why my motor died after hitting a deer. I have good fuel pressure and compression, I seen spark when I crank it but It cant be good enough to start or run. My ecu acted like this when I didnt have the fuel injector resistor box hooked up thats why I think that it is the problem. But if anybody would have any Ideas I would be very thankful, I have swapped a few hondas and I am stumped.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:25 AM

does anybody know what the heck is going on with my swap?