General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

project car... lots of questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 01:43 PM
Default project car... lots of questions

Hey i'm working on my automatic (unfortunately) 92 honda civic. I've already replaced wheel bering, axle, front suspensions, control arm, and a few other things.

I bled 3 of the 4 breaks but am looking at a bad master cylinder on the driver rear. Was wondering if this is what is causing my brakes to go to the floor even with the others bled. Pretty much guessing so, but would like a second or more opinions.

Electrically speaking, my high beams are working, but not the low. My parking lights come on but my right turn signals, both front and rear, do not work. Left work fine. I've had the headlight problem before and was hoping somebody else may have as well and managed to figure it out. I believe it's due to the steering column switched from my ex's car. He had the same problem with the headlights but not the turn signal. Any suggestions?

Thanks Much

Old 09-29-2006, 09:26 AM
Default RE: project car... lots of questions

Rotate the steering wheel on the colum
meaning remove it and re install it with the front wheels facing as you were driving in a straight line

Old 09-29-2006, 11:15 AM
Default RE: project car... lots of questions

Thank you for the response. I'm sorry I didn't save you the time by updating this earlier.

I ended up figuring out that the headlight problem was due to the plug for that steering colum. Luckily I had saved the extras from my other vehicle and borrowed the plug from my original colum. Magic! My low beams officially work.

I figured since I was at it, I would replace my dash with my ex's old one as well. Mine had a couple of broken **** and just wasn't in as good of condition. Still not sure if there had just been a plug not attached or what, but when i did the swap my turn signals decided to work, so i'm assuming that's what it was.

Onto the next step.

My ex managed to leave me with one larger and one smaller brake assemblies. The car I just sold a couple months ago has the same thing so it's swaping time. This I have never done and am not looking forward to it...especially when it comes to the brake lines and such. My first step it to hit up the library for a Chilton manual. Any suggestions or advise in the mean time would be appreciated.

Thanks Hondangel