Rodent chewed wiring harness - The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts.

General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Rodent chewed wiring harness

Reply

 
 
 
  #1  
Old 02-11-2018, 04:06 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1
Unhappy Rodent chewed wiring harness

Second attempt at saudering wiring harness after a rodent chewed through 10 wires the first time on 04 Honda Pilot. I followed the wiring to the underside of the drivers side enclosed in a metal housing. Can the wiring be safely unplugged from the metal housing once removing the plate? My reasoning is feeding the wiring to the top of the car for easier access and re-saudering and wrapping plastic parts in that Honda rodent tape or metal mesh.

Please see attached image for reference. Thank you!
 
Attached Thumbnails Rodent chewed wiring harness-1d71afd3-9860-44eb-90e7-f8a44ca52524.jpeg  
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-12-2018, 12:40 AM
Super Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hemet Ca.
Posts: 4,141
Default

welcome to the forum. I have not done this to a pilot, but on a ford escort, i disconnected the battery and rewired some burnt out wires, i just had to reset the fuel c/b in the trunk, and the radio code after hooking up the battery. no battery no power.
 
Reply With Quote
Reply
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
cturl69
General Honda Talk
4
03-01-2014 09:54 PM
TimHays
Honda Accord Forum
0
07-04-2013 04:25 PM
Hoodie951
Honda Civic Forum
0
04-09-2010 10:14 PM
jrandall12845
Honda Civic Forum
0
05-28-2009 03:59 PM
jerij
Private 'Wanted' Classifieds
0
08-13-2007 09:29 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory