Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.

2001 Accord Coupe, resurrect it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 08:28 PM
Default 2001 Accord Coupe, resurrect it?

Greetings all, Couple of questions as I consider what to do next with my 2001 Accord Coupe V6 with 221K.

The Good: Engine and transmission run strong as ever. Frequent oil changes. And yup, this '01 V6 has it's original never touched transmission. Just fluid changes. New Alternator, timing Belt and water pump replaced every 80K or so. Plugs replaced and valves set at about 100K. Other than wear on the front seats, and stains on the carpet the, interior is in great shape. Dash, Door panels, head liner, and rear seats are in excellent shape. New tires, new brakes all around. Struts and sway bar links about 10K ago.

The not so good: The body. Significant Cancer around the driver side read wheel, well into the quarter panel. Cancer starting on the passenger side, same spot. Roof, trunk lid and top of the fenders have a few hail dents. The paint is failing. The Hood is an unpainted aftermarket thanks to a low speed rear ending of another car. The front bumper cover is scratched and cracked and trash. The front inner fender liners are busted up and cut away. The alloy wheels are pitted, curb rashed etc. . The usual rattles, etc.

I've been looking for a good donor car for original panels, in green. Hood, bumper cover, fender liners, etc. so question #1. Will these parts from an '01 sedan fit? Are they the same as a coupe?
#2, is there a source of quarter panel patch panels?

My kids drive it, sooo, thoughts?

Old 12-25-2018, 01:16 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. coupe and sedan just the door area is not the same, but the back side and front might be the same. salvage yard may have parts to cut out and use. try to stick with the same body style, you can use 1998-2002 accord parts. if you check in ebay, there are salvage yards selling those year parts or you can email them and ask if they have the color parts you need.

Old 12-25-2018, 08:32 AM

Thanks! So the Hood and Bumper cover would fit, yes?

've found a couple of great donor cars, but they are always too far, or the price is no good (one guy wanted 2K for a 200K+coupe that didn't run and had side impact damage)

Last edited by peterstransky; 12-25-2018 at 08:43 AM.
Old 12-25-2018, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

I use to visit all the tow yards that sold lien sale cars, and purchased the wrecked cars I needed and strip for the good parts and sold the rest to the metal collectors. or you can visit ebay and get exactly what you need. there is also the aftermarket parts.