Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 Accord Coupe Door Locks

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 10:12 PM
Default 2003 Accord Coupe Door Locks

Hello, I am new to this forum. I have a problem thatseems to besimilar to different years and Hondamodels that have been noted in previous postings. The driver and passenger door locks of my 2003 Accord Coupedo not respond to the key remote and to the automatic locks inside the car. They have to be manually locked and unlocked. I believe the car can still recognize the signal from my remote becausethe headlights still flashes, but the locks do notrespond. I took the car to a local body shop but they were unable to come up with a diagnosis. He denies thatthere is a problem with the fuse or actuator upon questioning. Does anyone know if there are other possible causes and where elseI should look? Thanks!

Old 11-19-2008, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 2003 Accord Coupe Door Locks

welcome to the forum. I take it that the remote use to lock and unlock the doors from the inside before when you purchase the car new?Have you changed the battery in the remote recently? Do you know the make of the remote system, some times they have a site to go to for this type of assistance.( a forum ) or Q and A site. Did you call or check with the dealer you purchase the car from. They normally have the alarm system rep or phone nbrto call and talk to . Also check your master door switchdue to having tolock the car manually

Old 12-09-2008, 05:18 PM

The Honda dealership did confirm that the actuators needed to be replaced.

Thanks!

Old 12-16-2008, 04:23 AM

Hey, not so sure of what type of mechanical skills you have but there is a few things you can do to see if the lock actuators are bad or if it's just the signal coming from the alarm. If you take the door panel off, you can take the actuators out and test them by sending a 12v signal (drill battery) into then swap the wires around and you get the opposite direction of the lock. if it moves and seems to be sounding pretty good then the lock should be okay. if you have a volt meter then you can test the signal coming from the alarm or the lock switch by taking the positive and negative leads and placing them on the lock wires in the door. more then likely the actuators are good it's something in the factory alarm. see if you have ever had a after market security system installed. if so there could be a relay or something that is interfering with the factory alarm. Most mechanics aren't the best at electrical issues, at least they aren't very thorough with it. you do know that there is 3 fuse boxes in that car. one on each side of the front doors hinge area and one under the hood. you can check them yourself, using a volt meter or visibly one by one. the volt meter is easier and more reliable. there could be a lose connector on the alarm brain box that is only connecting the lights and not the locks. I want to say that this brain box is right under the steering column or in the drivers door.

if you have any other question let me know