Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help switched motor out

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 05:11 PM
Default help switched motor out

I swapped a stock 94 Honda Accord lx motor to a 94 single cam v tech motor. Car starts however not much power. When pressing on the gas the car stutters at like 5000 rpms. Changed computer to a vtech computer however the computer is from a automatic and i have a 5 speed. The injectors are from the stock motor cause someone cut the other injectors out rfom the v tech motor. Any one have any suggestions??

Old 12-16-2008, 04:55 AM
Default RE: help switched motor out

hey, If i could guess i would say it has a lot to do with the computer and the injectors. there also could be a vacuum leak that could be robbing you of HP. I would say get the right injectors or at least see if that are the same specs. after replacing or confirming that they match, i was see about getting another computer. the automatic computer wants to switch gears and tunes the engine based on the transmission. i would think this would have something to do with it, but I'm not sure if it has any effect on it, since it's a manual. what kind of stutter is it making? is it like a hesitation in acceleration? It could be that the vtec solenoid isn't activating properly, but this is normally activated at lower RPM from the range of 2800-3400. but if the solenoid is switching off at higher RPM's then this could be an issue. have you checked with the person that swapped out you motor? there also could be a sensor that isn't plugged in. this happen to me when i swapped transmissions. i broke a sensor and didn't know it till a few weeks later and during that time my car was running strange. it wasn't the same symptoms but a temp. sensor DID effect the vtec solenoid's engagement. just a thought.