Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Accord Heads up display problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 12:08 PM
Angry 2018 Accord Heads up display problem

Owner of a brand new 2018 Accord Touring. This was bought because I needed the heads up display for medical reasons (arthritis in neck and normal screen in center of dash makes it painful to keep turning head). Within a month the navigation/compass display in the heads up went out, along with my losing all my contacts and favorites in the "phone" display. Took it back to my dealership and they "reset" (rebooted) the system and all was back working (after I had to reenter ALL my contacts and favorites). A month later again the same items went out. Brought it back and was told Honda Tech KNEW there was a problem with SOME of the heads up displays and they were working on a fix)...Rebooted again (2nd time). Another few weeks went by and out it went again (June) and again, brought it back to be rebooted, no fix yet. This week brought the vehicle in for it's first service and told the service mgr the same heads up displays were OUT AGAIN. He had called Honda and was told to check the S# on the radio as they had found certain ones were experiencing this problem My S# was not on that list so he had no answer as to when I might have a solution. I got fed up and called Honda Cust Service and filed a complaint with them and was told someone would be getting back to me. Someone did and was very nonchalant and oblivious to my complaint and frustrated me even more. I paid THOUSANDS of dollars extra just to have the heads up display (the other options that came with the display (10 speed paddle shifters and others I would never use) and they don't seem to really care about it. I realize this is not a major vehicle problem which would cause a safety issue or primary vehicle malfunction but it is to me as I make several long trips a month and the nav system is important to me. This is my first Honda as I've always owned Lexus vehicles but decided to try the "car of the year" this time. BIG MISTAKE. I will continue to pester Honda as I am like an attack dog when I get mad, and I'm furious. The dealer has been very understanding and compassionate but I understand there is nothing he can do until Honda gets off it's keester and gets a solution. I'm sure other owners with the heads up display are having the same issues.

Old 09-08-2018, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum you are correct in continue to bug the dealer, if the car is in the shop long enough, you may soon come under the lemon law (i hope) and get you another vehicle. but must document what is happening and how often date and time and the fix. keep bugging them.

Old 09-18-2018, 03:52 PM
Smile Honda Accord update

Just got a call from my Honda dealer that they have finally figured out what was wrong with my heads up display navigation and have provided all dealers with a software update. Guess the squeaky wheel DOES get the oil. Good for Honda.