Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Honda Accord - Dash Noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 11:25 AM
Default 2018 Honda Accord - Dash Noise

I have a 2018 Honda Accord Touring with 3000 miles on it. From late April of 2018 my car developed a squeaky sound coming from driver side dash board. The squeaking sound is coming from the heads up display area on the dash. There is a border piece around the heads up display that is rubbing against the dash. It have tried several things to stop the noise, but only thing that works is if you press on the border piece and hold it. I've researched this online and there are several youtube videos and complaints regarding this noise. I have an appointment with the dealer but the service manager indicated they haven't had any issues like this and there are nothing mentioned on the Honda Forum about this noise. One post indicated that Honda found similar problems from US and their engineers are working on it to find a permanent solution to this problem. This noise is driving me crazy and I'm about ready to just get rid of the car if they can't fix it. It just seems like the dealership will try and do a quick fix (Foam tape) and send me on my way. Do anyone have any additional information about this problem?

Old 06-22-2018, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. i dont have addition info except to keep complaining about the noise, have them fix it as many times as needed to get rid of the noise, get a hold of american honda to set up a complaint of the noise and you want it fixed. if they cannot not fix it, can the car be traded with like and you cover the milage difference for the new vehicle. as long as the warranty is in place and when you have down time with the car, take it to the dealer to fix the noise. find a place near the dealer that you can get the squeak to make the noise for the dealer to hear it. now you have a paper trail to fall back on with american honda. i went in 10 times to a honda dealer to get the flopping wires over the radio to fix.