Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car started acting bizzare !

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 11:51 PM
Default Car started acting bizzare !

I have a 91 Accord LX that has just over 100K mi. The strangest thing happened this morning on the fwy...All of a sudden the the speedometer needle started bouncing, and then went to 0. Then the seat belt light came on, but the car was running fine. At lunch time I went to start the car and it fires right up to idle and immediately died. It did this 2-3 times before starting and idling smoothly, although a little low. Leaving work today, the same symptoms appeared, only this time it was more difficult to start and and keep running. It fires right up and dies immediately. It took about 10 tries to start before it would idle without dying.
I do not believe it to be fuel related because it ran fine at lunch time with no fuel starvation issues, and it ran all the way home with no running issues.
I believe it to be something electrical (ECM, relay, related) but cannot imagine where to start. Any ideas or suggestions from the gurus would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Default RE: Car started acting bizzare !

Check your egnition fuse. its under your hood. My car used to die like urs did but it was a fuse.other then that i dont know why your car would act that way. sorry?

Old 09-23-2006, 05:15 AM
Default RE: Car started acting bizzare !

I would advise you to check all your electrical systems such as your fuse box relay (primary fuse box is located under the hood and secondary fuse box in the driver side near the [Clutch, Brake and accelerationpedals]), spark plugs and wires, Battery (Including posts, terminals and wires), Injector resistor, starter and your ECU system (located on the passenger side near the air conditioning compartment.

If all else fails than I recommend you to buy an automotive repair book and read the trouble shootings.

[haynes]