Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel leak....

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Default fuel leak....

Im new here, but i was hoping i could get some help. I havea 92 Accord LX and lately Ive smelling fuel and ive lost 50 miles on my gas mileage. At idle i cant smell any fuel but once ive driven it for a while, I always smell fuel. I cant seem to find any leaks in the lines, Does anyone have any ideas as to what it may be?

Old 02-18-2007, 12:47 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: fuel leak....

FireStarter:Welcome to the forum, hope we may be able to help you.
If you can jack the front of your car up,(front tires off the ground )chock or block the back tires from moving, install jack stands for safety put emergency brakes on. Start your car, warm up a bit, then put into a fast idle. If you have a second person, have them check in, around under the engine compartment to check for fuel leaks, then down the bottom of the car to the fuel tank.
If you cannot find the fuel leak this way, place gear shift and get the car to a speed of 25-30. Stay away from the spinning wheel and do the checks again. If you know of a place that has a dyno to run the car it may be safer.
Get a mirror and trace your fuel line from the fuel tank to the fuel rail, look for signs of any kind of leak. By now the leaking area should be real clean.

Old 03-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Default RE: fuel leak....

chek cylinders for misfire should be one of the first things sometimes you cant even feel it. but if your sure the lines arnet leaking check your evap systems and canister. any chek lights???