Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Simple HP increase

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Default Simple HP increase

Hey guys,

I am looking to get a bit more HP out of my 2.3L Accord. Do you kinow if there is a big difference between cold air intake and ram air? And would a simple set of headers and cat back exhaust get my car moving a bit quicker?

Old 10-28-2009, 04:45 AM

you may end up with a big project unless there's a kit for the ram air. as for the cold air make sure there is a bypass just in case the primary filter gets wet. it's normally mounted very close to the ground. as for the exhaust system. if you are going to get headers do a little research so you don't get too large/small of a diamiter on your pipings. you might as well replace the hole thing. headers, high flow cat and exhaust.
or just get a full flow cat. and exhaust only. make the piping larger from the cat to the new exhaust and you'll get a bit of improvement. that's what i did on my vw jetta. magnaflo cat with a flowmaster exhaust(i love the sound on the flowmaster compared to magna flow but magnaflo makes a better cat). wrapping the headers will also keep you engine compartment cooler too. a real pain to do but may be worth it.
keep the old ones for smog checks. i don't think they make a better cat than original honda parts.

if you just want a minor improvement than do what i did. kn stock replacment air filter. good after market silicon plugs, ngk iridium plugs and syn oil (syn is normal now with new cars)with kn oil filter.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:26 AM
Super Moderator

invest in a good cold air intake redo the spark plugs and wires and get you a nice set of headers,downpipe, and full catback exhaust.. you can even leave the stock muffler so it doesnt sound like a ricer and it will make a world of difference.. i think if i remember right it can make up to an extra 35 hp