Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

window motor

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 11:14 PM
Default window motor

can anyone help pls...

I drive a 99 Accord EX and just tryed to install a pair of after market front door speakers when I realized the space in the drivers door where the speaker's suppose to go is blocked partialy by the window motor. I know the previous owner of the car replaced that motor, so my dilema is..did he install it wrong, or is that motor not a fit for the car. And if so, is it possible to replace the motor without replacing the regulator? As you can see I am totally unexperienced with this an I could really use some help as I do wanna try and fix the issue myself instead of paying some car shop a bunch of money to do it.
Thanks a lot.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. 1st thing is, in order to save a lot of money and learn to DIY. Get a Honda service manual for your car. I purchase one from ebay for every honda I get. I don't get it right away because of the warranty. Is the speaker you got stock, if not it may be the cause of the interference. I don't beleive there is a after market motor for the window regulator, or it would be close to stock replacement. check to see if the stock speaker will fit into the space. from a salvage yard is ok. or one from a dealer that already changed a bad one.