Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

00 civic Engine missing randomly

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 12:18 PM
Default 00 civic Engine missing randomly

hello fellow civic owners. i was recently handed a 00 civic from my family. its an LX with 189k on the engine. back in nov i drove the car from MD out to IN which is 600 miles 1 way. after the trip i noticed a problem with the car. it would hesitate at low RPMs. once it got above 3k rpm it ran fine.

NOW. after the trip back to IN the car is now hesitating and missing through all rpms and has even thrown miss fire codes for all cylinders. it does it random, sometimes ill shift through all 5 gears with out a miss, sometimes i cant go a second with out it missing on any giving cylinder.

I have replaced coil pack, ICM, cap and rotor button, wires and plugs. that didnt fix it. even took all that back and got a new dizzy. STILL didnt fix it. after pulling and checking the plugs i noticed the tips were more of a whitish color which to my knowledge means the car is running lean am i correct? if thats the case then im not having a fire issue im having a fuel issue. is there any way i can test out to see what the problem is and where to narrow down the thing to fix it so im not replacing more parts than whats needed.

any input would be fantastic

Old 01-31-2011, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. take a reading off the fuel rail to see if you are getting sufficient fuel pressure. you may also have a fuel filter inline to see if it has ever been changed.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:34 PM

more info:

attach a gauge to the fuel rail via shrader valve and test the pressure of the system.

depending on you results you might be lucky and have a faulty fuel pressure regular that you just might have to replace.