Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

Bad throw out bearing? Brand new

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 05:52 PM
Default Bad throw out bearing? Brand new

So I have a 90 crx hf 1.5 that needed a new clutch so I bought the kit and a new flywheel from O'Reillys installed and had a horrible rotating bearing noise when clutch pedal was pushed down so I assumed its a throw out bearing since it doesn't make noise unless the bearing is touching the pressure plate. Got a new kit and another new flywheel since they wouldn't just warranty the TOB so installed all new again and still same noise. So I was just going to put my old made in Japan TOB back in but I noticed that the "brand new" TOB was off center, The inner race was not centered in relation to the outter race, but I've seen conflicting info online on whether or not this is suppose to come like this from the factory and will self center after driving. My old Japanese made bearing is perfectly centered. Has anyone ran into this problem before? How do your throw out bearings look when you replace them? It's just kind of hard to believe that two of them would be bad out of the box, still I have another new one coming from O'Reillys. Thanks for your help