Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

Battery and Gauges dying, help please!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Default Battery and Gauges dying, help please!

Hello everyone! i have a 97 civic with a mini me 1.5b vtec swap. its fast! well anyways i have been having tons of problems with it...originally i thought my cars intake was messing up so I swapped it with a new one. That made my car work even worse, so I switched it back over to the one I was using previous. When I switched it back something strange happened. A wire hit something and caused my battery fuse to blow. So... since I didn't have another fuse available I jerry rigged the thing with a high gauged wire. My car still ran like crap and eventually even worse. One day I was driving and my gauges in my car died out along with the battery, it was completely dead when I shut off my car. Bad alternator right? I changed the battery and my car worked for a little while longer until one day it just wouldn't start and wouldn't take a jump. So I was sure it was the alternator. I then changed the alternator and my car was working a lot better, however, the next day my gauges and battery died again. In between everything I also replaced the main relay with another possible broken one. Then I just replaced the battery right now and am pretty confused of what to do. I heard it could have something to do with a bad ground... if so, what ground? Thanks for the help.