Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

car starts and runs but will start to stall and not accelerate

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 07:05 AM
Default car starts and runs but will start to stall and not accelerate

thanks in advance for any help
okay so I'm working on my girls car a 2002 honda civic ex, and to give you background info, recently the car was screeching horribly so I changed out the power steer belt, to see if that would fix the issue, next step was to change the alternator belt. while changing the power steering belt, the tension screw broke but i was able to create enough tension by hand and tighten the belt and the belt runs smoothly, evenly and has just the right amount of tension. 2 days later my girl turns on the car and it starts to shake, I take a look at it and see theres a good amount of anti freeze dried up around front and a good portion of liquid on the bottom. I filled up with fluid and the car ran fine for a few minutes and while driving it started to stall and not be able to accelerate, after a few seconds car was fine and running again but the issue came up again after a few minutes. car turns on fine.

any ideas?