Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

Help with doors..

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Default Help with doors..

So I don't do much work on Honda's, I own a Saab. So it's quite different styles of things being held in place. I began working on my girlfriends 2003 Honda Civic LX, running into problems on the doors. I am installing a set of door speakers and rear decks along with an amplifier from her xmas. I was curious if there are brackets out there to use to put the speakers into the doors securely. The old speaker brackets we had to smash the inner part of the baffle or deal and wouldn't sit back in the door a hundred percent properly.. I was looking at these: from crutchfield, This from Sonic This from Sonic, This from Sonic

I feel the last link would be the best for the fitment lol sorry for the terrible linkage

evoxbeck

Old 01-10-2013, 09:42 PM

i know alot of people that reused the stock brackets as you did with no problems. maybe your speaker depth is to large to fit properly also have you tried rolling down the widows to make sure they don't contact the magnet when in place???. when i installed my front components i went slightly smaller then stock so that method wouldn't work so i just made my own brackets out of plywood worked like a charm. i also made brackets to fit my 6 1/2 inch round components in the 6x9 hole in the rear deck. ps have fun with the rear speakers you have to remove most of the rear trim because you can't go through the trunk and careful not to break the third tail light its very fragile and if broken will rattle around.

Last edited by lowlife9; 01-10-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:57 AM

Sounds like loads of fun,I love fabing up thingys ,I make my own radar detector mounts and NAV, system mounts out of metal about as thick as a stop sign,alumimum is really easy to work with.Good luck.