Honda Marine Engines Information on the popular Honda engines in boat use.

Honda Marine Poor Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 03:34 PM
Angry Honda Marine Poor Customer Service

Any one have any suggestion on how to get Honda Marine to respond to a engine Warranty issue? Been dealing with the customer service rep for 2 weeks and the dealer since July 6th. Honda is unwilling to resolve this and we are now a month out without a pontoon. We paid a lot of money for the Honda dependability and warranty, I always had high regard for Honda and their customer service. This has completely changed my opinion of all Honda products.

Has anyone else had this experience? Is there someone at Honda that will listen to their customer?

Old 08-04-2020, 12:23 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. customer relation 770-497-6400 fax 678-339-2519 have you tried any other dealership besides the one that is ignoring your calls. have you tried giving your sales person a squeaky wheel calls s s s .. bug the sales person. if i find more info, will get back to your post. have you tried using email to get a response. Honda marine.

Last edited by acmech52; 08-04-2020 at 12:25 AM.
Old 08-06-2022, 07:47 AM
Default Honda Marine Warranty-Privity?

Originally Posted by Greg Klausen
Any one have any suggestion on how to get Honda Marine to respond to a engine Warranty issue? Been dealing with the customer service rep for 2 weeks and the dealer since July 6th. Honda is unwilling to resolve this and we are now a month out without a pontoon. We paid a lot of money for the Honda dependability and warranty, I always had high regard for Honda and their customer service. This has completely changed my opinion of all Honda products.

Has anyone else had this experience? Is there someone at Honda that will listen to their customer?
Yes I am living this experience! I purchased a new Kew West 26' CC with twin Honda BF250 Outboards. Honda featured the boat in multiple videos that are still on their website and You Tube. Unfortunately I had consistent issues with the motors, with the root suspected cause based on a missing hose clamp as identified in a Honda service bulletin. Honda replaced the starters, fuel pumps and coils multiple times until they finally took possession of the boat and performed a partial rebuild. When the boat came back, the motors now have more issues. The throttles are not synchronized, the fuel economy is dramatically reduced, one engine has failed to start on several occasions etc, As Honda would not re-inspect the boat or address the issues, I was forced to file an action. Honda came back with a motion to dismiss based on privity. Thats right privity! Honda claims that because I did not purchase the motors directly from the factory (to the best of my knowledge they do not have a manufacturers direct program) there is no warranty between Honda and myself. (privity)..........even though I purchased the boat from an authorized dealer with a Honda warranty. So, I purchased a new boat, with new Honda motors that Honda featured in their videos and when there is a warranty issue, Honda claims privity. I will never purchase another Honda product again.
During my initial issues, the customer service rep that was helping me went on vacation to Italy. He didn't pass on any information to his peers or the dealer. We had to wait 6 weeks for him to return from his European vacation to even start ordering parts. When he returned, and I finally was able to contact him, he stated in effect that he is really busy catching up on everything due to his extended vacation. Cant make this stuff up. I am planning on replacing the engines with another brand.

Old 08-06-2022, 11:16 AM

A lawyer will get much better results.