Honda Scooters Information on Honda's economical scooters.

09 Metro. Starts but until warm, dies w/ throttling

Old 07-08-2019, 05:26 PM
Default 09 Metro. Starts but until warm, dies w/ throttling

Hello and thanks for allowing me to join. Learned of this forum from a Honda CT70 restoration forum, and hope to find a little help with my wife's 09 metro.
Her scooter sat for 3 years, and rather than replace the carb as the dealer wanted to do, I used a video to help me clean the jets, reset the throttle position sensor and get to little fella running.
My trouble now though is that the bike will start after maybe half a dozen cranking attempts, but goodness don"t try to give it throttle because it will die until the motor is good and warm. Then the little fella runs fine. Jets are nice and clean. I wish the metro had a manual choke, like my 49 year old CT70 I'm getting running again.
Did I reset the sensor wrong maybe? Suggestions please that a non-mechanic person who's up to trying a lot of things before paying a dealer can try?
I sure appreciate any help. Thanks. Don