Odyssey Forum This minivan is among the class leaders thanks to its roomy interior and powerful engine offerings.

Dealership Left Standing Water in My Odysssey!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 04:45 PM
Default Dealership Left Standing Water in My Odysssey!

Has anyone else ever had their auto repair or dealership damage their Odyssey and try to cover it up? Sadly, mine did! Honda of Chantilly left my car windows open overnight, in a torrential downpour, and gave it back to me. I wondered why everything felt damp but never imagined it was because there was standing water under my carpets and in my leather seats. I went back when I finally realized what happened and heard conflicting stories on what happened and who was responsible. I later spoke to the General Manager who said they already went "above and beyond" for me JUST by cleaning it (which took several days since it had to be completely torn apart) and that his offer to cover HALF of a $1500.00 extended warranty to protect against possible future issues EXTREMELY GENEROUS! The General Manager told me it they did not initially try to cover-up it up and that the incident was noted on my original service report, but I'll let you be the judge.

Old 12-03-2018, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about what the dealership did, and not tell you up front or call you before you even picked the car up. Palmdale Honda kept me waiting on an oil and filter change. 2.5 hrs later the service manager came to apologize to me and gave me my next heavy check at employee's cost.. almost 1/2 the normal cost, just because i had to wait so long. some dealers are good some not so good.