Odyssey Forum This minivan is among the class leaders thanks to its roomy interior and powerful engine offerings.

Non-power tailgate - handle not responding

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2021, 02:09 PM
Default Non-power tailgate - handle not responding

Hi, I am new to the forum, so I apologize if this is in the wrong thread or has already been answered. We have a 2015 Odyssey EX and this morning, I tried to open the tailgate using the handle above the license plate. Usually, it unlocks, beeps and opens right up - but when I pressed the tailgate handle, there was no beep, no click, and no liftgate opening.

It isn't a battery problem - the van does unlock; the fob opens the sliders - but even with the van unlocked, the tailgate handle didn't respond. I have checked fuses that look like they might have something to do with the tailgate, but the fuses I checked (#4 in the rear panel and #10 in the front driver's panel) looked fine.

I am a do-it-yourself-er who hates to shell out money for a repair shop and am pretty good at fixing the van (brakes, exhaust/heat shield, power slider, etc.), so I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas that I can try? How can I check for power going to the handle assembly and lock assembly? Do I need to replace one or both of those?

Thanks for your help. Have a great day.