Pilot Forum This mid sized SUV offers the towing capacity of a small truck, with the interior room of an SUV.

AC blowing hot air in '03 Pilot

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 03:56 PM
Default AC blowing hot air in '03 Pilot

Hi, I'm new here, and I'm posting to see if anyone had any advice on fixing a 2003 Honda Pilot AC system. It started blowing hot air a few years ago, and we simply did the recharge, which worked great. We noticed a few months back that it was blowing warm air again, but when we checked the levels, it appeared to be at the proper level, so I fear there's a bigger leak at play. The compressor appears to be working normally. I was looking online and found a product called Red Angel, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with that working for them, of if anyone has solved this issue on their own some other way. Thanks for any help you can offer!

Old 02-10-2018, 06:01 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. check to see if the thermister is not damaged; also the dual switch for operations

Old 02-19-2024, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by RDTP
Hi, I'm new here, and I'm posting to see if anyone had any advice on fixing a 2003 Troubleshooting Pilot HVAC Issues. It started blowing hot air a few years ago, and we simply did the recharge, which worked great. We noticed a few months back that it was blowing warm air again, but when we checked the levels, it appeared to be at the proper level, so I fear there's a bigger leak at play. The compressor appears to be working normally. I was looking online and found a product called Red Angel, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with that working for them, of if anyone has solved this issue on their own some other way. Thanks for any help you can offer!
Hello. This is the second time its failed. It failed on Sunday, I called Service. It took them until Tuesday to respond. I drove the car the 50 miles to the service center. They reset the Pilot Panel and sent me home. Two days later it failed again leaving me without climate controls, nav, or any of the functions found on the panel. Car is underivable except for short trips. I'm close to invoking the Lemon Law. I'm beyond disappointed, love this car when its working, but its my only car and it can't be relied on. I'm having to cancel my Holiday trip (1500 miles).

Old 02-19-2024, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by jacobgary
Hello. Who youis the second time its failed. It failed on Sunday, I called Service. It took them until Tuesday to respond. I drove the car the 50 miles to the service center. They reset the Pilot Panel and sent me home. Two days later it failed again leaving me without climate controls, nav, or any of the functions found on the panel. Car is underivable except for short trips. I'm close to invoking the Lemon Law. I'm beyond disappointed, love this car when its working, but its my only car and it can't be relied on. I'm having to cancel my Holiday trip (1500 miles).
Who you talking to. This is more than 5 years old.