CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

Indicator Lights, simultaneously

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 07:53 PM
Default Indicator Lights, simultaneously

Driving today, had the Check Engine Light, Smart Entry System Light and Brake Light (circle with P inside, and exclamation point next to it) come on, with Red Park flashing next to all of them. Wondering if anyone has had this happened to them? Very spur of the moment, being that the vehicle had no problems all day nor up to this point.

Old 08-14-2018, 02:10 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to t he forum. is this a new vehicle under warranty? did you fill up gas recently, when was the tire pressures checked last and was the spare tire press checked also.

Old 01-05-2022, 11:20 AM
Default Indicator lights not turning off

New to forum…hope I’m doing this correctly. I am having the same problem with my indicator lights remaining on after vehicle starts. 2014 CRV AWD with 53k miles. Diagnostic rest are not definitive. Was wondering if you have had any success with finding the cause.
longtbjo

Old 01-05-2022, 04:31 PM

Not sure what diagnostic tests you’ve done already. With the check engine light on, there are likely codes that can be pulled. I would also check out your battery and charging system, as low voltage can cause a errors in multiple systems.

Old 01-06-2022, 08:53 AM
Default Reply

Originally Posted by longtbjo
New to forum…hope I’m doing this correctly. I am having the same problem with my indicator lights remaining on after vehicle starts. 2014 CRV AWD with 53k miles. Diagnostic rest are not definitive. Was wondering if you have had any success with finding the cause.
longtbjo
here is my first post explaining everything: My 2014 CRV AWD vehicle indicator lights which come on when engine starts, remain on…these include: electric power steering system, low tire pressure, check engine, vehicle stability assist system indicator. Low tire pressure flashes then remains on. Cruise control indicator/cruise control, works intermittently since this started.. initially the battery was replaced, alternator checked, oil is changed at regular intervals and was done within 4 weeks of this starting. Have had a diagnostic test (hand held machine plugged in) at two different shops with no definitive result. Both gave suggestion of timing chain issue as a possibility, but both shops agreed highly unlikely due to mileage being 53,296. I have seen one older thread on this problem in this forum where person experiences same problem…asking for help, but saw no suggested fixes. And, as it was an older thread, was wondering if anyone else had experienced this problem. I continue to drive the vehicle. The lights did go out on one occasion but came back on 4-5 days later. When the lights were turned off after the diagnostic tests, they came back on and remained on after 4-5 days. Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
longtbjo