CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

Is it normal for brake pedal to make friction and clicking noises?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2024, 02:24 AM
Default Is it normal for brake pedal to make friction and clicking noises?

I purchased a 2024 Honda CRV EX-L. I noticed that the brake pedal was making a loud friction noise (listen to attached brake_friction.mp3). My other car (Mini Cooper) actually has this noise too, but it's 15 years old so I assumed it was age related. But why does the new car make the same sounds? Another noise that the brake pedal makes is a clicking sound (listen to attached brake_clicking.mp3): when you press it, it first makes a clicking sound, I can feel it and also clearly hear it from where the gear shift lever is located.
I went to the dealership and other cars of the same model are making the same noise. It is very annoying to drive and hear this friction, especially when it is quiet inside the car. Do all brake pedals in all cars make such sounds? Am I just a paranoid and this is normal?

Attached Files
File Type: mp3
Brake_Clicking.mp3 (119.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: mp3
Brake_Friction.mp3 (94.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-09-2024, 07:04 AM
Default Texas Two Step

So I listened to your audio files and cannot comprehend how a brake pedal can possibly make either of those sounds. Are you doing a dance on the pedal with wet crepe sole shoes?

I do not hear any engine or road noise either so where/how did you record those noises?

Old 01-09-2024, 09:18 PM

Here is a video recording of this audio recording. It's just that when I record a video, the sound is muffled for some reason. So I made an audio recording. The audio recording was made from the height of my waist. I just turned on the ignition and made a recording while idling in my garage. You can still hear the clicking noise when I hover my phone over the gearshift. Should I take it to dealer's shop to look into? But again, another same car makes the same noise. Maybe all cars make such sounds, but people just usually talk, listen to the radio or drive with open window and have never noticed it?! Could it be that simple?

Old 01-09-2024, 09:51 PM

Ask the guy you bought it from.

Old 01-09-2024, 10:22 PM

I'd like to gather information before I go to a dealership. That's why I'm asking if anyone noticed it in their car? If anyone has same car and can check?