CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

Transmission problem in morning, 2007 CR-V

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 11:50 AM
Default Transmission problem in morning, 2007 CR-V

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar:

My 2007 CR-V (105,000 miles) is slow to shift into reverse first thing n the morning. When I first start it and shift from P to R, there's a several-second delay before the car starts moving. Once it starts moving, it's fine the rest of the day. This has been happening for a month. I've changed the fluid and the inline filter, and I've had Aamco do a diagnositc which they say shows no problem. I've searched the forum and the web for similar reports and come up empty. Anybody heard of anything like this?

GaryK

Old 11-12-2020, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. slow to shift into reverse in the morning could be from worn seals, lack of proper oil change routine, shift solenoids stating to fail, clod temperature, age of transmission, internal filter debri, low trans oil pressure. what type of fluid was used when trans fluid changed? if anything other than Honda trans fluid, will soon cause a trans failure.

Old 11-12-2020, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by acmech52
welcome to the forum. slow to shift into reverse in the morning could be from worn seals, lack of proper oil change routine, shift solenoids stating to fail, clod temperature, age of transmission, internal filter debri, low trans oil pressure. what type of fluid was used when trans fluid changed? if anything other than Honda trans fluid, will soon cause a trans failure.
I used the Honda transmission fluid. So all of that indeed sounds like a transmission rebuild is required. Is any transmission shop qualified, or is there a specific recommendation?

Old 11-12-2020, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

when my trans started to slip with high milage, i started to ask friends as to whom they would recommend, then looked at the transmission shops and all the reviews. also who gave the best warranty after an overhaul and who had the best cost. also who long will it take to accomplish the job. and how long they hae been in business. you did right by using the Honda Transmission Fluid. how often was the trans fluid changed during the life of the car....just curious. .

Old 11-12-2020, 07:03 PM

when my trans started to slip with high milage, i started to ask friends as to whom they would recommend, then looked at the transmission shops and all the reviews. also who gave the best warranty after an overhaul and who had the best cost. also who long will it take to accomplish the job. and how long they hae been in business. you did right by using the Honda Transmission Fluid. how often was the trans fluid changed during the life of the car....just curious. .
Every 25,000 miles, so four times.

Old 11-12-2020, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

you did great trans maintenance to your cr-v.( just info) sometimes when applying trans pan sealant, a bit may come off and circulate in the trans fluid. when this gets into a small filter the size of our thumb, it can start to clog and not allow fluid to circulate as needed.

Old 11-12-2020, 09:53 PM

you did great trans maintenance to your cr-v.( just info) sometimes when applying trans pan sealant, a bit may come off and circulate in the trans fluid. when this gets into a small filter the size of our thumb, it can start to clog and not allow fluid to circulate as needed.
Thanks. Can that filterc be cleared or changed without major transmission work? Or is a rebuilt the only option?

Old 11-13-2020, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

that is a cleaned out at rebuilt. only seen when trans is apart. (really unsmart design i think) but its Honda's design.