General Honda Talk Talk about any general Honda information in here.

Need you advice (I've searched)

Old 10-23-2013, 10:56 AM
Default Need you advice (I've searched)

Hi there guys. Great forum btw.

We want a new Honda Civic, but everywhere we go the dealers don't want to give us a good deal unless we finance with Honda. We have financing with our bank and don't want to finance with Honda.

Why are they pushing Honda financing so much?
Is Honda financing trustworthy, and do you end up paying more in the long run?

Also, what is a good price to pay for a new Honda Civic LX 2013?

I do apologize in advance if I have broken any forum rules by asking these questions.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. Honda pushes Honda financing because like all big companies, they buy block financing from financial institutions at a low price in advance, then charge the consumer a little more in intrest and make moneyl. any way the dealer can make some money they will do so due to their high overhead. a good price to pay for a new Honda Civic is look in NADA.com and get the price of the civic you want because of the many different options, and get the invoice price. then add 500.00. and offer that as cash due to your own bank financing, also if you go to a car dealer, look at the msrp and deduct 5000.00 and offer that price, should be close to the invoice price. the sales person will call their mgr. tell the sales person, thank you and start to leave the lot and go to another lot. If they want to sell you that car, they will call you back. besure you tell them I have cash in hand at the bank if you can make a deal. If you got more quesions, email me at acmech52@yahoo.com you may have more questions.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:51 PM

yeah but if you go through honda you cut out the middle man which could save money in the long run either way i would never finance a car i would rather find a nice used car and pay cash.