General Honda Talk Talk about any general Honda information in here.

why are Japanese cars better than America's

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 04:25 PM
Default RE: why are Japanese cars better than America's

From growing up around domestics, my boyfriends ex car was a 1990's Pontiac 6000LE and it had over 340,000km on it. The engine was in immaculate shape, original everything. The car was fantastic. We put a straight pipe with of course a grand prix muffler tip on it so the cops would leave us alone and everyone swore we had a small block under the hood. I don't think it really matters too much on the make/model of the car, as long as you know how to maintain it, that is what matters.

If you get oil changes done on time, and everything else done on time, your car will last forever, I've seen it quite a few times. Those who slack, lose out on a good car in the end.

My boyfriend now has an old *** Ford Tempo, it has holes in the floorboards but its runs really well, barely any rust, original everything about 250,000km on it.

I guess it all depends on the person. Imports too me.. kick major *** rally racing. Like, the subaru... for an example. Supra and Skylines, race cars... Honda S2000's are race cars... all the rest are suburban cars but then again.. Ive seen a 99' Honda Civic Hatchback get under 9 seconds on the 1/4 mile.

It seems you can do anything with any make or model of car, it's all up to the driver.

Old 06-10-2007, 01:11 AM
Banned
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 06-10-2007, 06:23 PM

Well as an aircraft mechanic, Honda is coming out with "HondaJets" which may be a dream for owners/ pilots to fly a piece of a beautiful machine. Ford used to make Tri motors back in the 40's. Ford tried aviation and it failed.

Anyways, back to the real question of this story, Longevity, gas mileage, better parts, well engineered oiled machine compared to cranking out parts or cars for a quick buck and fix the bad problems later. Honda and Acura didn't do that by rushing the production line for a quick buck.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:01 PM

I'm late to this post, but I use to disassemble components from the big america three and imports.

I have to say, the import technology was better engineering and put together much better with ten times the better tolerances than big america three.

Like what you say???

Well, for one, the nickel content in the block itself, the more nickel you put into a block, the more durable and stronger the block is, but nickel is very expensive. Needless to say, the america blocks had the least amount of nickel, the imports had more and the europeans had the most. This can be seen when a block is taken apart after 100,000 miles. The america block already lost the original cross hatch from the factory and you can catch your fingernail on the top ridge that's caused by thewear and tear. The imports have a slight cross hatch and a slight top ridge and the european block hasa cross hatch pattern like a new engine and no ridge.

The components (starters, alternators, etc.)are also different in how they are put together. Ford loves to use bend tabs which comes loose or get corroded easily, GMC likes bolts, imports and european uses solder.

The technology is also different when it is developed for each country, america tech is usually dead last coming out with technology that was introduced y the imports by 5 years or so and by 8 to 10 years when compare to european technology.

Just the tip of the iceberg, but for all those supporting the auto union, I understand, but you can only pay too much for something before you go broke or curse yourself in the long run...

Dongss

Old 08-23-2007, 11:12 PM

ORIGINAL: hondaaccord

because hondas are awsome and fords are ****ed On Race Day. hondas are enginered by some of the smartest people in the world and are lighter. hondas will out last any car cuz they are so cheep to fix/replace, and can be tuned so much better than american muscle, go hondas

I owned a 94 Honda Civic Hatch. It was not cheap to fix, and it needed fixing a lot with less than 75k miles on the clock when it was mercifully totaled by a hail storm. I now drive a 2005 GTO and not a problem so far, and never been beat by any Honda/Toyota/Nissan/Ford ETC...

Old 08-05-2020, 03:16 PM
Thumbs up why are Japanese cars better than America's

Is it genuine what they state about Japanese vehicles and security? Of course it is. The legend that Japanese vehicles are the most secure is in reality obvious for this situation, since they are known for creating advances that increase the expectations of car wellbeing, regularly higher than any other person.

Here's one proof. This examination with respect to the most secure vehicles in the Philippines shows a rundown commanded by Japanese vehicle brands followed by European vehicles. What's more, where are the<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->jdm alabama? Mysteriously gone.

Just in the event that you believe we're one-sided here, the latest examination made in 2016 by the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS) uncovered these nine vehicle models with a passing pace of zero:

Old 02-08-2021, 06:13 PM

Was an electrical supply salesman, and I was fortunate to land a large order from My Contractor.in Georgetown, Ohio. A Japanese auto manufacturer. I was awed by the quality of the material demanded by them. I would think that speaks for itself.