Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 Honda Accord LX stalls

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 10:02 PM
Default 99 Honda Accord LX stalls

OK, first post. Hello everyone

Im not extremely knowledgeable in the car world but I plan to be.

Enough introduction, my fiancees car is stalling. It usually happens at low RPMs. Right now the car has ~130,000 miles on it. We brought it to a few places, including autozone for the check engine light that popped up. The check engine light, as far as I know, said something about the fuel system. She has yet to show me the code they so nicely printed out for her (busy busy).

I found online that there had been a recall on the ignition switch of about a million units, so of course i suggested she take it to the dealership and have them check that out. She explained the problem telling them that her engine would cut out and all the lights in her dash would light up. They said that the fact that her dash lights stay on mean its not the ignition switch. So I trusted them there because Im really not sure.

Alternator tests good. Spark plugs fairly new.

Next thoughts on my mind: Distributer cap/coil/rotor/control module. What should I look for when checking this stuff out?

Any other ideas? Any experiences? There is little to no money to be spending so cheapest possible options would be good to check/try at this point.

So far she needs a timing belt (doh), one strut (whoever owned before was an idiot), tire rods (fairly soon), and whatever fuel problem fixed. Total cost almost equaling new car

Old 10-01-2008, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 99 Honda Accord LX stalls

welcome to the forum: might check your fuel sys pressure at the fuel rail, this can cause stall