Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accord Crosstour Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Question Accord Crosstour Questions

I assume the Accord section is also for the Crosstour? If not, the moderators should feel free to move my thread to another, more appropriate area of the site.

I just purchased a used, 2010 Crosstour with the 3.5L V6 engine. A couple of questions...

I've read that there's a plastic bin with handles that fits the large interior under the carpet storage area where the spare tire tools are located. Mine didn't come with one. I've searched several after-market sites as well as the official Honda parts page on-line and no one seems to offer such an item. Am I mistaken in believing such an item exists? and if not, does anyone know where it might be purchased?

Has anyone added a K&N filter to there 3.5L? If so, what did it do for your engines preformance? Any suggestions on where the best place to buy one on-line is?

A co-worker of mine told me his wife recently bought a regular Accord and her mechanic told her to stay away from the V6. He said the larger 4 cylinder was a better, more reliable engine. Anybody know what he might have been talking about? I've never heard or read anything bad about the Honda 3.5L V6's to suggest they were not a good, sturdy power plant but maybe somebody here has.

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers any of these questions.

Last edited by Buckeyes1; 11-12-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:18 PM

cargo box #4 is that what your looking for ??? http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...REAR+FLOOR+BOX as for the air filter i wouldn't recommend K&N because 1. the cotton guaze filter element isn't very good at actually filtering thats why they need oil. 2 the oil can actually gunk up air sensors among other vital sensors. i recommend AEM dryflow filters K&N also sells AEM filters under the name HYBRID. these filters are 99% efficient and do not require oil. as for the motor honda has always made reliable engines regardless of displacement so i don't know what he's on about maybe he was referring to a economical stand point.

Last edited by lowlife9; 11-12-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:57 AM

Thanks for the info LL9. I will look into the air filter you recommended. I believe the link you provided is the item I was asking about. Anyone aware of where it can be purchased as a single item?

And yeah, I wondered if MPG was what his mechanic was referring to. The sticker for my Crosstour was left in the glove box and it had a rating of 27/18. Not great in these days of $4 a gal gas....

Old 11-13-2012, 06:51 PM

lol you can purchase the item from the website i posted the diagram from item number #4 box assembly $96 dollars.

Last edited by lowlife9; 11-13-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by lowlife9
lol you can purchase the item from the website i posted the diagram from item number #4 box assembly $96 dollars.
It looked like it had to be put together piece by piece on that website but no worries, I found it on ebay complete for $81.00 or best offer. So I made an offer. We'll see where it goes.

The only AEM filters I'm seeing on line are the entire cold air systems for over $120. I might eventually look in to that, but I was looking for a straight up replecment filter for what's already in the air cleaner compartment.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:58 AM

nah you can buy the pieces separately or as a whole hence why #4 encumbers everything. as for the filter go big or go home there's no point in buying a washable drop in now then a cold air later. im guessing you want performance out of this rite otherwise you would just be looking for a replacement honda filter. if i have learned one thing from modifying cars over the years its ''do it rite the first time''.

Last edited by lowlife9; 11-14-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Thumbs up

nah you can buy the pieces separately or as a whole hence why #4 encumbers everything. as for the filter go big or go home there's no point in buying a washable drop in now then a cold air later. im guessing you want performance out of this rite otherwise you would just be looking for a replacement honda filter. if i have learned one thing from modifying cars over the years its ''do it rite the first time''.

The person on ebay accepted my bid and I got the whole box for $65. Not bad.

I agree on the whole, "Do it right the first time" motto. Right now the dealer gave me a 1year, 12K comprehensive bumper to bumper warranty so I don't want to modify the vehicle too much.

When that warranty expires in a year or so I might look into things like a cold air kit or a cat-back exhaust system for it. For now, I'm just adding a few accessories here and there.

But I do appreciate your taking the time to answer my questions. I'll be here on the board reading what others are doing to their cars/trucks and contributing where I can.

Thanks again.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:32 PM

a cold or short ram intake will not void a warranty just like adding different rims would not void the warranty. Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, a dealership can only void your vehicle's warranty if they can directly prove the specific performance part you installed caused the problem for which you are seeking warranty service. If they cannot prove the performance part is at fault, they cannot legally deny you warranty service. so if that was the case your K&N drop in filter would also void the warranty.considering the AEM kit is basically a metal tube with a filter attached there's no chance anything would cause a problem. also i would recommend a short ram intake over cold air intake.

Last edited by lowlife9; 11-15-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:58 AM

a cold or short ram intake will not void a warranty just like adding different rims would not void the warranty. Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, a dealership can only void your vehicle's warranty if they can directly prove the specific performance part you installed caused the problem for which you are seeking warranty service. If they cannot prove the performance part is at fault, they cannot legally deny you warranty service. so if that was the case your K&N drop in filter would also void the warranty.considering the AEM kit is basically a metal tube with a filter attached there's no chance anything would cause a problem. also i would recommend a short ram intake over cold air intake.
Yes, I was speaking somewhat facetiously. I know such a modifiaction will not technically void any factory or dealership warranty, I just don't want to give the dealership any reasons to make excuses regarding anything that might occur in the next year.

I will look at the short ram intake you mentioned, thanks again.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:47 PM

the short ram is better because the cold air intake pipe goes below the bumper were the cold air is but you run the risk of sucking up water and hydrolocking the engine. the short ram piping stays in the engine bay.