Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.

Help with Rack n Pinion part buying

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2022, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by avisitor
I started to answer you. But, then I realize you just would not understand it.
You will not because I would make you look like the fool you are.

If you do not like the word filtering circuit then try regulating circuit. It regulates the voltage coming in.
That's not the way to learn. You can't just change the words and expect to get LUCKY. Words that sound good but in reality have nothing to do with a power supply.
Tell me how a 12 volt source (think battery) gets filtered. What EXACTLY is it filtering.
I'll give you a hint. In a 120VAC source the filters in the power supply filter the ripples out of the AC signal. What do the filters you talk about here filter since there is no AC?
I will not hold my breath.
Keep this up and you will only look like more of a fool.

Old 05-13-2022, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by grcauto
Tell me how a 12 volt source (think battery) gets filtered. What EXACTLY is it filtering.
I'll give you a hint. In a 120VAC source the filters in the power supply filter the ripples out of the AC signal. What do the filters you talk about here filter since there is no AC?
I will not hold my breath.
Keep this up and you will only look like more of a fool.
Then tell me why a if the power being supplied, 12 volt battery, would a radio need a power supply circuit??
You are an idiot. The vehicle has an alternator that generates AC power which then gets converted to DC thru a regulator.
There are still ripples on that voltage being supplied to the vehicle. Nothing is perfect.
Also, the voltage level is not at a constant 12 volts but fluctuates between 12 volts and 14.5 volts
The radio needs a filtering circuit (or power supply circuit as you put it) to keep the voltage steady and useable.

You have turned this and every other topic into a vendetta to regain what little respect you lost with you smarter than thou attitude.
Grow up or be that block of wood.

Last edited by avisitor; 05-13-2022 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-13-2022, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by avisitor
Then tell me why a if the power being supplied, 12 volt battery, would a radio need a power supply circuit??
Anyone with a semester of electronics training will know that all modules need an internal power supply to power the various circuits.
You do not learn. I told you this FACT long back and you do not remember because you are an ideologue. You can;t be taught.
You don't even know the difference between a power source and a power supply.
You call me an idiot. Coming from you that may well be a compliment., I will reciprocate. You are an idiot. Although you will need to improve to reach that level.
Maybe you should ask AUTOSPARK about power supplies,he knows. You know why we got along. He's not an idiot and actually knows that he's talking about. We had good encounters and still would if I could control myself with ignorant people as he does. He ignores you. I can't ignore idiots spewing garbage.