Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

1998 Civic stopped running

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 01:26 AM
Default 1998 Civic stopped running

hey, what's up you all. I'm somewhat new to car. My friend's friend's has a 1998 2-door Honda Civic EX with less than 70k mileage. She stopped driving and parked the civic at her boyfirend's place for about one and a half year. I just take a look and test drive it fora few blocks today. The car feels alright when i drive it. I know the car's battery is dead over this non-active period, because we have to get the energy wire thingto transfer energy from another car to the civic, so the civic can start up again. Under the car hood, it's full of dustplus some spider web covering all parts.

My Questions: If a car hasn't run for about one and a half year, will the civic or car in general turns bad? what kinds of part do i have to fix besides the battery? What other kinds of concern should i worry or have in mind?

Thanks ahead of time to whoever can give me some advice.

Old 09-27-2006, 11:41 PM
Default RE: 1998 Civic stopped running

humonstick,

After sitting forthat longyou need to change the fluids and belts.Check the tires, fluids(including the gas), and filters. Running bad gas will causeyou big problems. It soundslikeyou found a steal. Good luck!