Honda Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with Honda Civic Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better HCF? Tell us here.

94 Honda Accord replaced alternator won't start and no power.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:02 PM
Default 94 Honda Accord replaced alternator won't start and no power.

I picked up this Honda Accord about 3 months ago for $700 and from the guy who sold it to me, he said all that was needed was the brakes to be bled. A few days later I drove it to work and back, got emissions done and was informed one of the spark plugs were bad replaced them. And another few days later on the way home from work the dashboard went out, as in the speedometer wasn't working, nothing was working. I got home, turned the car off... got in it a few hours later it wouldn't start up the lights on the dashboard were very dim...

I went ahead and assumed the battery, bought a brand new one and replaced it. Great! It ran for another day and I broke down on the side of the road, same issues only I couldn't get the car to get up past 10mph, it was spitting out and it died. Had it towed back home and charged the battery, boom drained and died again and couldn't get the car to start or turn over since. I took the alternator out had it tested and it was bad. Now I had the towing company jump the car while the aternator wasn't in it and it started right up, basically verifying it WAS the alternator.

Anyways here we are today got my new alternator in the mail, hooked it up, hooked the battery up... also my buddy whom help hooked the ground up and arched and shocked himself pretty good. Anyways after that all was good went to start it, there is no juice at all. The dashboard won't light up, the car won't even attempt to start, fuses were all fine, dome lights won't turn on... I'm completely stumped.

Any ideas at all would be great.