Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P1607

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 10:44 AM
Default P1607

I have a 2000 accord and i cant clear the code p1607, so i figured i need to get a new pcm. I got one from the junkyard with an ignition switch from the same car. Do i still need to have it programmed to work with my key?

Old 04-17-2024, 10:59 AM

The ignition they sold you has no key?

Old 04-17-2024, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by grcauto
The ignition they sold you has no key?
i bought the ignition switch and pcm from the junk yard with no key. I was told that the pcm wouldnt work without the ignition switch, so i got both. Do i still need to program the key because it has a chip in it, or is that why i was told to get the ignition switch that goes with the pcm?

Old 04-17-2024, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Drew Peeler
i bought the ignition switch and pcm from the junk yard with no key. I was told that the pcm wouldnt work without the ignition switch, so i got both. Do i still need to program the key because it has a chip in it, or is that why i was told to get the ignition switch that goes with the pcm?
its the ignition switch i have, not the cylinder that the key goes in, but the part after the cylinder. Does that make sense?

Old 04-18-2024, 06:28 PM

When the key goes into the lock and turned, the keyless entry receiver/immobilizer send out a signal to the key. The transponder in the key send a signal out. It contains the key code and engine code. If they match what the immobilizer has then it sends a signal to the ECM to say it is okay to start engine. That signal also has the key code and engine code. If they match then the engine will start and run. If not then it might start with whatever fuel is left in the system. But, it will stall and not be able to restart engine.

Replacing the ECM with a junkyard one means you should have the ECM and the key. You will need a high level scanner to program.
That ignition switch is just the electrical switch. The one in your car should work fine.

Last edited by avisitor; 04-18-2024 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-19-2024, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by avisitor
When the key goes into the lock and turned, the keyless entry receiver/immobilizer send out a signal to the key. The transponder in the key send a signal out. It contains the key code and engine code. If they match what the immobilizer has then it sends a signal to the ECM to say it is okay to start engine. That signal also has the key code and engine code. If they match then the engine will start and run. If not then it might start with whatever fuel is left in the system. But, it will stall and not be able to restart engine.

Replacing the ECM with a junkyard one means you should have the ECM and the key. You will need a high level scanner to program.
That ignition switch is just the electrical switch. The one in your car should work fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6GJOqy70mQ
thank you for your response. I appreciate you.